We empower our Team to build and develop professionally through training and education whilst engaging our clients and community. Our leadership is demonstrated through honest and open communication with both clients and Team.
M V Anderson & Co and our clients mutually agree to partner with each other.
M V Anderson & Co Firm Charter
Magnus Victor Anderson was born in Carlton on 16th September, 1884. He worked as a prominent Accountant in Melbourne up until his retirement in 1956. He was a founding member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in 1929 and succeeded E.V. Nixon at the University of Melbourne as a lecturer in Cost Accounting. He also served on the Council of the Australian Institute of Cost Accountants, having been State President in 1928 and 1946.
Mr Anderson developed an interest in chess, and more particularly the collection of chess books, the first of which was bought in 1917 whilst on holidays in Perth. At the time of his retirement he had collected over 2,000 books which were subsequently donated to the State Library of Victoria. He worked at the State Library from 1956 until his death in 1966, during which time he increased the chess library to over 6,000 books. The collection today is the largest in the Southern Hemisphere and the third largest in the World.
Today's firm continues to bear the name MV Anderson & Co in recognition of his achievements and his passion for excellence in all aspects of accounting. The firm is in fact a partnership of five Partners: Paul Hullin, John Beattie, Andrew Ellem, Graeme Day and Nicholas Rodier and a large team of highly qualified professional and support staff. We pride ourselves on our enduring relationships as you can see from our client testimonials.
We are a service orientated organisation. The quality of our people is the quality of our firm. At MV Anderson & Co, we are particularly proud of the achievement of our staff and our ability to attract and retain quality employees.
Art and Chess: The Passions of a Library Donor
One of the pleasant surprises for the State Library since the opening of its various new reading rooms has been the public reaction to the new location of its Chess Collection. What was previously known only to aficionados is now...